1. Earlier than you begin
Earlier than you need to use MyHMCTS, you and your organisation should have accomplished different steps.
1. Registered your organisation with MyHMCTS.
2. Arrange your MyHMCTS person account.
Learn the MyHMCTS registration steerage for additional info and directions. In case your organisation has an account already, contact the prevailing administrator to rearrange to your account creation.
After getting a MyHMCTS account, you’ll be able to check in to handle a case utilizing your e-mail handle and password.
If you happen to want extra assist with MyHMCTS e-mail MyHMCTSsupport@justice.gov.uk. We intention to reply inside 5 working days.
Be sure to are utilizing the solicitor portal, not the citizen portal. Handle your organisation from: https://manage-org.platform.hmcts.web and entry your divorce software by https://manage-case.platform.hmcts.web.
If you happen to can not discover your organisation when getting into your particulars or have points registering with the service, contact MyHMCTSSupport@justice.gov.uk for the staff to look into your account and guarantee your organisation has been setup appropriately.
If you wish to submit a D11 software, don’t add the D11 when finishing the divorce or dissolution software.
Submit your divorce or dissolution software after which observe the directions on easy methods to apply for:
proceed with out authentic marriage certificates
For divorce and the dissolution of a civil partnership, you’ll be able to apply utilizing a sole software or a joint software. There may be separate steerage on easy methods to apply for joint functions.
2. Case record
1. Whenever you signal into the system you will note the ‘case record’.
2. You’ll be able to seek for and examine functions you’ve issued and create new functions.
3. All functions will likely be issued by the Courts and Tribunals Service Centre (CTSC).
4. It’s good to be sure to are within the right case kind for all new legislation divorce and dissolution by selecting ‘New Legislation case’.
As a part of your software, you may be requested to:
full a digital model of type D8
add a duplicate of the candidates’ marriage certificates
add some other supporting documentation resembling a licensed translation for a international marriage certificates, deed ballot identify change doc and so forth
enter your fee by account (PBA) account quantity
submit your software digitally
3. Seek for a case
1. You’ll be able to filter the record of circumstances which might be proven on the case record, utilizing the filter choices on the left hand facet.
2. There may be additionally a search perform on the prime right-hand facet of the display screen.
3. Inside the search display screen you’ll be able to kind in particulars of a selected case such because the divorce case quantity, occasion names and solicitor reference to discover a particular case.
4. When trying to find a case reference quantity it should be on this format: -123456789101112. You’ll be able to embody the hyphen (-) or depart it out however there should be no areas on the finish of the reference quantity.
5. In new divorce legislation the 16 digit reference quantity would be the solely case quantity used from the beginning of the case to the tip of the case.
4. Create a case
Choose the ‘Create case’ tab.
Jurisdiction – Household Divorce
Case kind – New Legislation Case
Occasion – Apply: divorce or dissolution
2. Choose ‘Begin’.
3. Select in case your software is a divorce or dissolution. Then choose sole software.
5. Solicitor and organisation particulars
1. As an applicant’s solicitor, you may be requested to enter particulars and ensure the identify and handle of your agency.
2. Embrace your reference quantity that will help you seek for circumstances on the case record.
3. Present an e-mail handle. If you choose ‘sure’ to ‘future communications’, you may be despatched all future correspondence by e-mail relatively than by submit.
4. You’ll be able to seek for your organisation within the search area. If in case you have registered with MyHMCTS, your organization ought to be listed. Just one handle per agency will be saved.
5. Seek for your agency and choose the proper workplace from the drop down record. Use the search hints and ideas.
6. If in case you have chosen the fallacious agency, select ‘clear’ to have the ability to search once more.
If you happen to don’t choose an organisation at this level, you may be proven an error message while you try to submit the case on the finish of the journey.
Search hints and ideas
1. Keep away from together with ‘solicitors’, ‘ltd’ or ‘chambers’ as a part of your search. This can carry up an extended record of corporations to try to search by making it tougher.
2. The place doable, use a singular a part of the agency’s identify to slim down the out there outcomes.
3. If you happen to kind in your agency’s full identify, the search could not carry up your agency. Attempt utilizing the primary phrase or identify after which search by the matched outcomes.
4. Use the browser’s discover perform (‘Ctrl’ + ‘F’) to find the agency when there’s a giant record of outcomes.
5. You’ll be able to seek for the agency by the handle or postcode. When utilizing the postcode, don’t depart an area for instance for ‘DE1 2MO’, kind ‘DE12MO’.
6. Be sure to are utilizing the agency’s postcode as registeredon MyHMCTS (some corporations have a number of branches).
By deciding on your organisation, you be capable of ‘share a case’ along with your organisational colleagues.
6. Assertion of irretrievable breakdown
1. Choose ‘Sure’ or ‘No’ on ‘Has the applicant’s marriage damaged down irretrievably?’
You’ll be able to solely proceed with the divorce or dissolution in case you reply ‘Sure’.
7. Applicant particulars
You might be requested to offer the applicant’s particulars. A few of these questions are non-compulsory however it’s best to present as a lot element as you’ll be able to.
1. Their full identify (if they’ve a center identify, you could present this too).
2. If they’ve had a reputation change, select the proof that will likely be offered, for instance a deed ballot certificates.
3. The query asking who the is applicant divorcing, is asking whether or not the respondent is the husband or spouse of the applicant and never who you’re representing.
4. The applicant’s e-mail handle must be offered.
5. The applicant’s telephone quantity is non-compulsory however it’s best to present this in case you can.
6. You’ll be able to seek for the applicant’s house handle through postcode.
7. If the postcode isn’t discovered or the handle is abroad, you’ll be able to choose ‘I can’t enter a UK postcode’ which lets you manually full the handle.
8. You can be requested if their contact particulars ought to be saved non-public. If you happen to select to maintain them non-public you do not want to file a C8. A confidential applicant tab will likely be created.
9. The part to request solicitor service is included within the assertion of fact part of the appliance.
8. In regards to the different occasion
1. Give the complete identify of the respondent.
2. If the respondent is represented by a solicitor you could present their full particulars. If the small print don’t return any outcomes, this might be as a result of they aren’t registered with MyHMCTS. You’ll be able to enter the small print manually. Consult with steerage on represented respondent solicitor.
If the respondent solicitor is listed and registered with MyHMCTS they are going to obtain all notifications on-line and may reply on-line. If they aren’t registered they are going to obtain the paper acknowledgement of service and all remaining paperwork will likely be in paper format.
3. The solicitor’s agency handle must be on particular person strains for postal functions, for instance:
21 Wandsworth highway
4. If they aren’t represented you’ve the searchable handle perform.
5. If in case you have an e-mail handle for the respondent it’s best to present it. They may obtain all correspondence through e-mail. Be certain that it’s totally different from the applicant’s e-mail and isn’t a piece e-mail.
6. Enter the respondent’s postal handle. You will have to offer the house handle for the respondent even when represented by a solicitor. That is so the authorized advisor or choose can see proof of jurisdiction declare.
If you happen to have no idea the handle of the respondent and need to apply for dispense with service or different service, you are able to do so upon getting submitted the appliance utilizing the final software perform. See deemed and disbursed service functions steerage or different service journey and common functions steerage.
9. Marriage certificates particulars
You can be requested to offer particulars from the applicant’s marriage certificates:
applicant’s full identify because it seems on the wedding certificates
respondent’s full identify because it seems on the wedding certificates
did the wedding happen inside the UK? If not you’ll need to offer nation and place of marriage
This asks concerning the events’ authorized connections to the UK. You must choose all of the choices that apply.
10. Different authorized proceedings
1. You’ve got the choice to state whether or not there are any present or earlier courtroom proceedings regarding the divorce or dissolution.
2. Selecting sure will give a free textual content field so that you can present as a lot info as doable, resembling reference numbers and if the case is ongoing or finalised.
11. Monetary order
1. If the applicant desires to use for a monetary order, it’s best to state whether or not that is for the applicant or the kids.
2. If the applicant desires to say prices you’ll need to use utilizing a D11 software. Comply with different service and common order steerage.
12. Add your paperwork
You must add a picture of the wedding or civil partnership certificates. It doesn’t must be the unique however this ought to be saved as it may be requested by a choose or authorized advisor at any level throughout the proceedings. Be certain that all 4 corners of the certificates will be seen within the picture.
You’ll be able to add different supporting paperwork resembling:
a licensed translation of a non-English marriage certificates
a change of identify deed
some other supporting documentation referred to inside the divorce software
1. Choose the doc you need to add, for instance the wedding certificates.
2. Enter the small print and choose proceed.
3. Choose ‘Add new’ button to add the wedding certificates.
4. You’ll be able to add as many extra paperwork as you want. Attempt to stick with a minimal file measurement (most 500mb) and ensure the file names specify what the doc is, for instance ‘marriage certificates’.
Importing paperwork is non-compulsory and you’ll submit the appliance with out importing the wedding certificates nevertheless, this can trigger delays because the courtroom will ask you e-mail or submit them.
Authorized representatives can submit a divorce software with out a marriage or civil partnership certification underneath sure circumstances. They need to present supporting proof for the explanation why with a overlaying letter or software.
13. Earlier than you submit
1. Earlier than you submit the appliance, you’ll be able to create a draft software to save lots of and ship to your consumer for overview, if required.
2. On the finish of the ‘Verify your solutions’ you’ll be able to ‘Save software’.
3. If you happen to want to change any of the solutions you’ll be able to choose ‘change’ on the finish of any reply.
You’ve got now created the case. The appliance has not been submitted at this level.
The draft software will be discovered within the paperwork tab. This PDF file will be saved, printed and despatched to your consumer. It’s titled draft-divorce-application.
You’ll be able to see within the historical past display screen that the case is in a draft state.
14. Case created
The case quantity is proven on the prime of the display screen. This would be the 16 digit case quantity that can run proper the best way by the case.
It’s value making a word of the case quantity to your private data.
The draft software has not been submitted till the signal and submit has been accomplished.
15. Submit the case
In ‘Handle circumstances’ on the prime proper is the ‘Subsequent step’ choices record. This has 3 actions.
1. Amend divorce software – in case you want to make any amendments to the appliance while it’s within the draft state.
2. Replace applicant contact particulars – in case you want to amend any handle particulars or e-mail or telephone contact for the applicant.
3. Signal and submit – if the whole lot is okay with the appliance and also you want to submit the appliance in full.
If you happen to select to signal and submit, then choose ‘Go’ you will note the assertion of fact and reconciliation display screen. As the net type doesn’t have a ‘moist signature’ it is very important totally full this part to keep away from the appliance being rejected.
Further info has been included with the intention to add details about pressing functions. You even have the choice to decide on whether or not you need courtroom service or solicitor service (private service has been modified to solicitor service)
16. Solicitor service and pressing case
If the case is pressing, enter supporting info within the textual content field to assist the courtroom perceive why the case is pressing.
‘Solicitor Service’ is requested within the solicitor assertion of fact even when you’re creating the appliance. If you happen to don’t need to use solicitor service and would favor the courtroom to serve, then you definitely would select ‘Court docket Service’.
If the respondent lives abroad, then you will need to select ‘Solicitor Service’. That is to adjust to the Household Process (Modification) Guidelines 2022, modification of half 6 (who’s to serve the appliance) (PDF, 132KB, 24 pages).
You must full all different fields on this web page. When full choose ‘Proceed’.
In excessive profile circumstances that will have media curiosity, or the place one or each of the events are public figures, you’ll be able to ask for it to be designated as a ‘lock and key’ case. This implies entry to the case will likely be restricted to a restricted variety of courtroom workers, chosen by a staff chief. You should not request this in circumstances that aren’t excessive profile or don’t contain public figures. 1. Choose the case as pressing and state that it’s a lock and key case within the supporting info field. 2. Add any supporting letters or statements concerning the lock and key standing when importing the wedding certificates.
You can be requested to substantiate your fee kind to cowl the courtroom payment for making the appliance. This may be by solicitor payment account (PBA), or an internet Assist with Charges reference quantity. The payment stays the identical because the paper course of (£593). This will likely be debited out of your account earlier than the appliance is issued until an internet HWF’s quantity is made out there.
If you choose Assist with Charges as your most popular fee methodology, choose proceed and it’ll carry up the Assist with Charges display screen the place you’ll be able to enter the Assist with charges reference quantity.
Fee by PBA
If you happen to select to pay by PBA, there will likely be no have to enter your PBA account quantity as that is mechanically appeared up and linked to your organisation.
In case your organisation has multiple PBA account quantity, these will all be made out there so that you can select from utilizing the two arrow drop down possibility.
1. Enter your fee reference. This can seem in your assertion that will help you to make clear the fee.
2. If there is a matter taking the fee from the PBA, for instance, if there aren’t enough funds out there, then this will likely be displayed as an error message. You can be unable toproceed to the subsequent web page.
3. In case your PBA fee is profitable that is deducted from the account instantly and the case strikes into the state ‘submitted’ state.
18. Evaluation fee
1. After getting entered your PBA and chosen proceed you’ll get a overview display screen displaying the payment account quantity.
2. Choose proceed to take you to a ‘verify your solutions’ display screen the place you’ll be able to overview your solutions earlier than persevering with.
3. In case you are proud of all the data then choose ‘Submit Software’.
4. It’s at this level your software will likely be submitted to the Court docket and Tribunal Service Centre to be processed.
19. Be certain that the case has been submitted
1. If a case has been efficiently submitted, each the draft and submitted states will present on the Historical past tab.
2. If solely the draft is displaying then the case has not been submitted to HMCTS. Return to Submit the case and observe the steps.
20. After submission
You might be allotted a reference quantity, this reference quantity will stay all through the case. It is possible for you to to see the small print of the appliance you’ve made displayed on the tab:
historical past – to trace the progress of your case and hold events up to date with out contacting the courtroom
software – Divorce or Dissolution: Joint or Sole
the applicant particulars
the applicant’s solicitor particulars
the respondent particulars
the respondent’s solicitor particulars if relevant
marriage and certificates
applicant’s different proceedings together with prayer
confidential applicant if relevant
As soon as the case is submitted, if you could apply for a D11 you are able to do so utilizing the system. See the Basic functions, different service and deemed and disbursed steerage steerage for the way to do that.
Learn the steerage on easy methods to share a case inside your organisation.
21. Get assist with MyHMCTS
Assist with managing a case or organisation in MyHMCTS
The MyHMCTS service is supported by the MyHMCTS help staff. They may help if you’re having difficulties or errors with issues resembling logging in or assigning circumstances. Contact them at MyHMCTSsupport@justice.gov.uk.
Assist with case particulars
Get in contact with Stoke Court docket and Tribunal Service Centre:
Phone: 0300 303 0642
Opening instances for calls and webchat are Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Closed on financial institution holidays.